Sun, Nov 20|
Unity Farm Sanctuary
1pm Celebration of the Turkeys (tour/event)
Join us for a Thanks-living stroll through the sanctuary to meet and honor our beloved turkeys (and their many friends), taking a moment to recognize their beauty and innate worth. Fresh vegan baked goods to buy, vendors, and hot cider, plus our Unity Duck Haven Store!
Time & Location
Nov 20, 2022, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST
Unity Farm Sanctuary, 17 Unity Ln, Sherborn, MA 01770, USA
Join us for a casual open house at the sanctuary to meet and honor our beloved turkeys! Handsome Paul the Bronze Breasted tom turkey and his buddies will help you earn about their different breeds, unique personalities, hear about their plights and offer them up a bit of food and loving attention --- and take a moment to recognize their beauty and innate worth, especially before Thanksgiving.
Our Celebration of the Turkeys will have plenty of vegan vendors with fresh vegan donuts and baked goods and so much more! Our Unity Duck Haven Shop will also be open for some special holiday shopping.
Please dress appropriately for the weather, including waterproof, non-slip boots. Rain or shine (will only cancel if severe weather is expected).
Tickets are a $10.00 donation (free for children under 6). Unity is a 501(c)(3) public charity operating on the kindness and generosity of so many. Your donation goes directly to the care of our animal residents. Anyone needing financial assistance is invited to email us at email@example.com.
Additional donations are always welcome and appreciated and can be made on our website or in person.
LOGISTICS & POLICIES
We look forward to meeting you!
For everyone's safety, please take the time to read through all policies below before booking a tour
- Each household must print and complete a consent form (click here to download) and bring it on the day of the tour.
- We urge anyone who is feeling unwell on the day of the event to stay home and re-book a later visit.
Preparing For Your Visit:
- Runs rain-or-shine, with limited exceptions for dangerous conditions (thunder, lightning, high winds). If we have to cancel, we will notify all guests by email with as much notice as possible.
- Parking is available on site first come first serve, the main parking lot holds about 22 well parked cars. You can also park in the entrance meadow or on the 11 Unity Lane driveway. If you need handicap access, follow the signs up to the upper handicapped access parking area.
- Pets are not allowed on the property and should never be left in hot cars.
- Please wear long pants and closed-toe shoes.
During The Celebration:
- While our celebration includes up-close-and-personal experiences with our animal residents, please keep in mind that we are not a petting zoo.
- Our animals are on special diets, so please do not feed them.
- Children must stay with an adult at all times. Our animals can be sensitive to noise and excitement - please do not allow anyone to chase the birds.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the property.
- Strollers and wheelchairs have to cover uneven ground and elevations. We cannot guarantee smooth rolling.
- A porta-potty is available for visitor use.
- Tickets are non-refundable. Reservations may be changed to another date/time depending on availability.
Child/Adult above the age of 5